Experience Entrepreneurship @ CFI
Why this program?
- Setting up a long-term program at CFI to enable students to think beyond placements!
- To prepare students to graduate to the Incubation Cell at IIT Madras and grow further by giving them a look and feel of a start-up as well as providing seed funding for their projects.
- To bring more students to CFI, which is a facility growing rapidly in terms of people, resources as well as achievements and more importantly, in the quality of projects being taken up.
What’s in it for you?
- It empowers you with everything you need to convert your idea into an incubated start-up. Every worthy project is entitled to funding up to 2 Lakhs INR, office space in CFI and many other workshops and initiatives. Institute is ready to invest in you and your idea in various ways with the goal of preparing you to become an entrepreneur starting up and helping you design and prototype your product.
- You will be part of a high-energy atmosphere simulating with several “start-up projects” around you.
- A series of conferences and networking opportunities are available exclusively to the participants, with top-notch entrepreneurs and venture capitalists at events planned throughout the year.
- Mentorship will be provided to all the teams of co-founders working on their product for both, technical guidance and over business aspects of starting up. We are collaborating with TiE, RTBI, Incubation Cell and looking at the possibility of tying up prestigious b-schools to organize workshops on finance and business of starting up.
- The participants are allowed to network with alumni and entrepreneurs coming especially during Shaastra, where their products will also be given media exposure. They will be eligible for attending the highly exclusive panel discussion in Entrepreneurship Confluence and have an enriching experience. Our team is also working on ensuring the participants sponsored participation in the week-long workshop at ITC Grand Chola conducted every year by Vijay Govindarajan, global thought leader and ‘Reverse Innovation’ guru who coaches CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and has served as Chief Innovation Officer at GE and is widely acclaimed worldwide.
- Participation and successfully clearing 2 rounds of funding enables the team members to potentially convert their participation into a 3-credit free elective. Last, but not the least, there is an additional cash prize of 1 Lakhs INR for the best 2 teams, which have proved their dedication and merit over the period of this competition.
In order to apply for Nirmaan program, please contact:
+91 94454 85261