- Team Black Pearl’s modular plane won the first runners up position in Smart India Hackathon 2018 Hardware category out of 7500 teams across India.
- The team from CVI named “Eye in the Sky”, bagged the second place in Yet Another Hackathon YAH! 2k18 and won a prize worth 10000 rupees.
- The Hybrid Bevel Bikes team won the National Clean Air Crowdsourcing Competition organised by CCAPC, IIT Delhi and the University of California Berkley.
- Several teams from CFI qualified for the second round of the Smart India Hackathon 2018 Hardware Category:
- Advance Electrolarynx
- Automatic Waste Segregator
- Safety Systems for Small Vessels
- Modular Plane
- Artemis Railbot
- Team Anveshak has qualified for the 2018 edition of the University Rover Challenge.
- Team Avishkar Hyperloop formed in September 2017 participated in the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition 2018 and was one of the 47 teams out of nearly 1500 across the globe, and one of two teams from India, to have successfully cleared the Preliminary Design round and qualified for the Final Design round.
- Foldable Houses team participated in a Business Model competition conducted by VENTURA – NIT Trichy and were declared the national winner. They won a cash prize of Rs.75,000 , FS6 alpha card (worth one million USD), legal representation from YSS legal, services worth 40$ from digital ocean, free platform developer package from Balsamiq, free backend services from Hasura and video promotion from Justvideos.
- Inter IIT Tech Meet 2018(interiit.tech)
- Safety Device for Fishing Vessels – Second Place
- Technologies for Soldier Support – Second Place
- Automated Toilet Cleaning Robot – Second Place
- Engineer’s Conclave – Second Place
- Optimal Bidding – Third Place
- Overall Championship – Third Place
- A team from the CVI group qualified for Round 2 of the Smart India Hackathon 2018 by the Government of India.
- Modulus (Foldable) Houses team won the Tech and Innovation Fair challenge in Shaastra 2018
- Team firmator and InDhan shortlisted for IICDC 2017 – India Innovation Challenge Design Contest (IICDC) by Texas Instruments India, NSRCEL IIM Bangalore and Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
- Design Impact Awards by Titan and Tata innovation cell – Foldable houses, Electrolarynx and AWS Waste Segregation were shorltlisted for quarter finals.
- iLighting systems, a project from the electronics club emerged as the Technical Excellence Award winners for the Carbon Zero Challenge, supported by the US Consulate and Polaris.
- Team Raftar was placed Third Overall among seventy one teams from all over India in the Formula Bharat, organized at Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore in January, 2018.It
is also the only Indian team to successfully register for Formula Student Germany, which will be held in August 2018 at Hockenheim.
- Team Adhira was placed Fifth Overall among nineteen teams from all over India in the first season of the Formula Bharat Electrical Vehicle Design Challenge, organized at Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore.
- Electrolarynx shortlisted for finals of Dr. Pradeep P Thevannoor Innovation Awards 2017
- Team Abhiyaan and Team Amogh were shortlisted for the DRDO Robotics and Unmanned System Exposition.
- Team Raftar: Formula Bharath 2017: The team secured the 2nd position out of 55 teams. Their latest challenger RFR 17 managed to secure 1st position in various categories and an overall score of 739/1000 points, 9 points behind the first team.Detailed report of the team’s extraordinary performance is given below:
- 1st position in Endurance, Skipad and Fuel Efficiency
- 3rd position in Business Plan
- 4th position in Design Presentation and Autocross.
- Team Anveshak:The team qualified for URC 2017 to be held in June 2017. Team Anveshak was one of the top 36 teams out of 82 teams from across the world .
- SAE Aero Modelling – Team Nimbus:Team Nimbus was chosen to participate in the SAE Aero Design Competition ( largest collegiate Aero Design Competition in the world) along with 75 teams across the globe at Fort Worth, Texas. The team participated under Advanced Class, which required the participants to build an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle powered by an IC engine with remote take-off, payload dropping and landing capabilities. The team developed two prototypes and was placed 2nd in India and 14th worldwide in the design round of the competition
- Inter IIT Tech meet – 2017: Teams from CFI bagged:
- 2nd place in the event Dashboard
- 3rd and 4th place in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle design challenge.
- Set Asia and India Record for ‘Largest Number of Robots Cleaning an Area’: 47 robots made mainly by teams of freshmen and controlled via bluetooth linked smartphones cleaned a dirt-filled badminton court continously for over 15 minutes.
- Winner, Lockheed Martin C-130 Payload Design Challenge Winner: After receiving approval from Lockheed Martin and industry collaboration from TATA Hitachi, the viable Cargo Ground Build-Up System prototype designed by the team is now in the making for consideration as an offset project by Lockheed Martin.
- ICPC 2018: ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest is an annual multi-tiered programming competition among the universities of world. In the Gwalior region, team Supercalifragilistic secured the 2nd position amongst 98 teams. This certainly guarantees a spot for IIT-M at the World Finals to be held in Beijing.
- International Ground Vehicle Challenge 2017: Held at Michigan, USA, Team Abhiyaan was one among the 14 global teams that participated, and was one of the 13 teams that qualified into the Autonomous Navigation round after clearing the Design Challenge.
- Indian Automotive Techology and Innovation Awards 2017: The Lockheed Martin C-130 Team head, Mr. Anupam Chandra, was awarded the Best Student Innovator of The Year by the Auto Tech Review panel.
- Winner, Hack2Innovate: Team from CVI, CFI won the Chennai edition by presenting a Deep Learning approach to hand gesture recognition. Hack2innovate is a Computer vision and Deep Learning hackathon presented by NVIDIA, Samsung and Microsoft, in association with NITI Aayog held across seven cities in India.
- National Winner, 2nd National Social Enterprise Idea Challenge: Team Modulus Housing was adjudged the National Winner for their CFI project entitled ‘Foldable Houses’ in the competition conducted by Azim Premji University, Bangalore
- Sahaay:Toilet Sanitation project of team Sahaay has been shortlisted for Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards 2017.
- Artemis, the rail-road crack detection robot designed by the iBot Club emerged as national runner up in the Dyson Innovation Awards challenge.
- Team Raftaar:
- A team of 34 students represented IIT Madras in Formula Student India 2016.
- Secured 1st place in Fuel Economy, 2nd place in Endurance(22km race), 3rd place in Autocross and 3rd place in the overall competition.
- Lockheed Martin-India C-130 Roll On/Roll Off (RO/RO) University Design Challenge:Received a funding of $60,000 to develop the prototype.
- Inter IIT Tech Meet:
- 1st place in Internet of Things
- 3rd place in Hardware Modeling
- 3rd place in Product Exhibition
- 3rd place in Portfolio Defender
- Overall – 3rd place
- Student Design Challenge by American Society for Mechanical Engineers:
- Best use of Advanced Manufacturing methods
- Best use of predictive design
- Best use of simulation tools
- Best team from India
- Blast Carboblocks & Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Awards: Technical Paper Presentation for the project entitled “Biosensors for BOD detection” secured third position
- Team Amogh: Paper “Design and motion control of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, Amogh” presented in Underwater Technology Conference 2015 has been published on IEEE Xplore.
- Inter IIT Tech Meet: The hardware modelling team won the bronze medal for designing and making a walking aid for visually challenged people that eliminates their dependence on the walking stick.
- Team Amogh:
- Represented IIT Madras and India and finished 15th (1st in India) among 39 teams in the International RoboSub competition conducted by AUVSI, held in San Diego, USA
- Winner, National Students Autonomous Vehicle Competition, SAVe 2014
- ET Now Power of Shunya Challenge: Top 24 in India
- Samsung Innovation Awards
- 2nd place: Facial Recognition | Vineet Upadhyay
- 3rd place: Capacitive sensor | Ashish Bajaj, Karthik A, Stephen Ipe and Rahul Dcunha
- 4th place: Interactive game | Awanish, Akshay, Abdeali, Sachin
- DAAD Science Slam
- Aayush Maloo: Winner
- Pranav Muppirishetti : Runner Up
- Inter-IIT Tech Meet: Runner Up
- Team IITM Robocon: 3 projects in Top 40 of EFY Design Contest
- Masila Vijay Award for the design and manufacture of a Quadcopter.
- Animaze Modelling Competition, Technex, IT-BHU techno-managerial fest: 2nd & 3rd places
- ABU Robocon: Fastest Job Solving Robot Award
- Team Amogh:
- National Student Design Competition 2013, NDRF:
- Gold Medal in Electrical Engineering Category
- Silver Medal in Marine Engineering Category
- Winner, Engineering Category, South India Regional Innovation Fair, India Innovation Initiative 2013 & and among the National Top 44.
- Infosys Building the Enterprise Contest 2013: 4th Chennai Region
- National Student Design Competition 2013, NDRF:
- GR Sakura: Best Open Source Award – Awanish, Akshay, Abdeali, Sachin
- FIRA: First Indian Team to participate in FIRA
- ABU Robocon: Best IDEA Award
- FSAE: Least Expensive Car in the history of the competition
- ABU Robocon: Quarterfinals
- DRDO-SRC: Joint winner of the second stage
- IARC: Acknowledged as the Best Image Processing Team
- ABU Robocon: Winner
- Tech-Met: HSBC International award for Innovation at Brunel University
- Filed 3 patents so far, and many more being processed
- 1 Asia record- For most number of cleaning bots in an area (45 bots on a 72 square metre area)
- 2 world records in the making – Envisage – Created by the students trained in CFI, a one of its kind Techno-Cultural Show
- 3 on-going Industrial Consultancy Projects, CFI has risen up to the challenge
- 4 companies working on cutting edge technology can trace back their roots to CFI
- 5 projects at CFI currently, aimed at directly benefiting differently abled and rural groups
- Teams from CFI have bagged over 15 National Awards over the last one year
- Bustling with activity year round, with an average of 60 entries per day since 2013
- Positively aided over 70 course projects over the last one year
- Successfully completed 80 noteworthy projects
- Over 2000 hands pioneering innovation at CFI, IIT Madras as on date
- HyperVerge (in process) : An automated inspection system, which when mounted on locomotive, gives detailed reports regarding the alignment of the overhead line and automatically alerts for the sections that need maintenance.
- Tech-Met (in process) : It aims to reduce the reaction time required by support services like ambulance and police, thereby improving the mortality rate during motorbike emergencies.
- The Foldable Houses Team has filed for a provisional patent by the name of ‘Foldable Houses using Telescopic Walls and Frame’ in December 2016.
- Desto: A design services company founded by a group of students of IIT Madras, offers design solutions to corporates, start-ups and students as well.
- HyperVerge: Applying cutting-edge research and developments in the field of computer vision to create end-to-end solutions. Working on projects across different domains such as cloud-based applications, transportation, education, entertainment and manufacturing.
- Lema Labs: Educating and empowering students by teaching them emerging technologies.
- MakeyStreet: A community for people who makes things, especially physical hardware and a platform for makers to engage with other makers.