- Team Raftaar: Formula Bharath 2017: The team secured the 2nd position out of 55 teams. Their latest challenger RFR 17 managed to secure 1st position in various categories and an overall score of 739/1000 points, 9 points behind the first team.Detailed report of the team’s extraordinary performance is given below:
- 1st position in Endurance, Skipad and Fuel Efficiency
- 3rd position in Business Plan
- 4th position in Design Presentation and Autocross.
- Team Anveshak:The team qualified for URC 2017 to be held in June 2017. Team Anveshak was one of the top 36 teams out of 82 teams from across the world .
- SAE Aero Modelling – Team Nimbus:Team Nimbus was chosen to participate in the SAE Aero Design Competition ( largest collegiate Aero Design Competition in the world) along with 75 teams across the globe at Fort Worth, Texas. The team participated under Advanced Class, which required the participants to build an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle powered by an IC engine with remote take-off, payload dropping and landing capabilities. The team developed two prototypes and was placed 2nd in India and 14th worldwide in the design round of the competition
- Inter IIT Tech meet – 2017: Teams from CFI bagged:
- 2nd place in the event Dashboard
- 3rd and 4th place in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle design challenge.
- Sahaay:Toilet Sanitation project of team Sahaay has been shortlisted for Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards 2017.
- Team Raftaar:
- A team of 34 students represented IIT Madras in Formula Student India 2016.
- Secured 1st place in Fuel Economy, 2nd place in Endurance(22km race), 3rd place in Autocross and 3rd place in the overall competition.
- Lockheed Martin-India C-130 Roll On/Roll Off (RO/RO) University Design Challenge:Received a funding of $60,000 to develop the prototype.
- Inter IIT Tech Meet:
- 1st place in Internet of Things
- 3rd place in Hardware Modeling
- 3rd place in Product Exhibition
- 3rd place in Portfolio Defender
- Overall – 3rd place
- Student Design Challenge by American Society for Mechanical Engineers:
- Best use of Advanced Manufacturing methods
- Best use of predictive design
- Best use of simulation tools
- Best team from India
- Blast Carboblocks & Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Awards: Technical Paper Presentation for the project entitled “Biosensors for BOD detection” secured third position
- Team Amogh: Paper “Design and motion control of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, Amogh” presented in Underwater Technology Conference 2015 has been published on IEEE Xplore.
- Inter IIT Tech Meet: The hardware modelling team won the bronze medal for designing and making a walking aid for visually challenged people that eliminates their dependence on the walking stick.
- Team Amogh:
- Represented IIT Madras and India and finished 15th (1st in India) among 39 teams in the International RoboSub competition conducted by AUVSI, held in San Diego, USA
- Winner, National Students Autonomous Vehicle Competition, SAVe 2014
- ET Now Power of Shunya Challenge: Top 24 in India
- Samsung Innovation Awards
- 2nd place: Facial Recognition | Vineet Upadhyay
- 3rd place: Capacitive sensor | Ashish Bajaj, Karthik A, Stephen Ipe and Rahul Dcunha
- 4th place: Interactive game | Awanish, Akshay, Abdeali, Sachin
- DAAD Science Slam
- Aayush Maloo: Winner
- Pranav Muppirishetti : Runner Up
- Inter-IIT Tech Meet: Runner Up
- Team IITM Robocon: 3 projects in Top 40 of EFY Design Contest
- Masila Vijay Award for the design and manufacture of a Quadcopter.
- Animaze Modelling Competition, Technex, IT-BHU techno-managerial fest: 2nd & 3rd places
- ABU Robocon: Fastest Job Solving Robot Award
- Team Amogh:
- National Student Design Competition 2013, NDRF:
- Gold Medal in Electrical Engineering Category
- Silver Medal in Marine Engineering Category
- Winner, Engineering Category, South India Regional Innovation Fair, India Innovation Initiative 2013 & and among the National Top 44.
- Infosys Building the Enterprise Contest 2013: 4th Chennai Region
- National Student Design Competition 2013, NDRF:
- GR Sakura: Best Open Source Award – Awanish, Akshay, Abdeali, Sachin
- FIRA: First Indian Team to participate in FIRA
- ABU Robocon: Best IDEA Award
- FSAE: Least Expensive Car in the history of the competition
- ABU Robocon: Quarterfinals
- DRDO-SRC: Joint winner of the second stage
- IARC: Acknowledged as the Best Image Processing Team
- ABU Robocon: Winner
- Tech-Met: HSBC International award for Innovation at Brunel University
- Filed 3 patents so far, and many more being processed
- 3 world records in the making – Envisage – Created by the students trained in CFI, a one of its kind Techno-Cultural Show
- 3 on-going Industrial Consultancy Projects, CFI has risen up to the challenge
- 4 companies working on cutting edge technology can trace back their roots to CFI
- 5 projects at CFI currently, aimed at directly benefiting differently abled and rural groups
- Teams from CFI have bagged over 15 National Awards over the last one year
- Bustling with activity year round, with an average of 60 entries per day since 2013
- Positively aided over 70 course projects over the last one year
- Successfully completed 80 noteworthy projects
- Over 2000 hands pioneering innovation at CFI, IIT Madras as on date
- HyperVerge (in process) : An automated inspection system, which when mounted on locomotive, gives detailed reports regarding the alignment of the overhead line and automatically alerts for the sections that need maintenance.
- Tech-Met (in process) : It aims to reduce the reaction time required by support services like ambulance and police, thereby improving the mortality rate during motorbike emergencies.
- The Foldable Houses Team has filed for a provisional patent by the name of ‘Foldable Houses using Telescopic Walls and Frame’ in December 2016.
- Desto: A design services company founded by a group of students of IIT Madras, offers design solutions to corporates, start-ups and students as well.
- HyperVerge: Applying cutting-edge research and developments in the field of computer vision to create end-to-end solutions. Working on projects across different domains such as cloud-based applications, transportation, education, entertainment and manufacturing.
- Lema Labs: Educating and empowering students by teaching them emerging technologies.
- MakeyStreet: A community for people who makes things, especially physical hardware and a platform for makers to engage with other makers.