3D Printing Club was started in the year 2015 with the vision of promoting a new form of manufacturing technology among the students and driving research and innovation in the field of 3D Printing.
The 3D Printing Club currently houses multiple 3D printers. Few of them were built during the 3D Printing Summer School conducted in May 2016 with the support of the open source 3D printing community.
- Delta 3D Printer – This project involved building a Delta 3D printer, known forhigh speeds, with the support from the open source community.A delta 3D printer is a Fusion Deposition Modeling based 3D printer which has very light and unique style of moving parts compared to a conventional 3D printers allowing them to print at higher speeds with greater accuracy.
- Prosthetic Arms – The project aims at developing a functional prosthetic arm with the use of ‘Myo Armband’. The Myo armband reads electrical activity of your muscles to control technology with gestures and motion, hands free. It will allow an amputee to give control over a prosthetic arm for performing daily tasks.
- Direct Light Processing (DLP) 3D Printer – This project aims to develop a DLP 3D printer. DLP 3D printers use photo-polymerization, a process by which light causes chains of molecules to link together, forming polymers. It involves projecting the entire slice of the object using a digital projector just like the ones used to watch movies thereby forming the 3D object layer by layer.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) 3D Printer – This project involved designing and building a low cost SLS 3D printer completely from scratch. The 3D printer uses laser to sinter powdered material thereby forming a solid object.
- Cloud 3D Printing – This project involved controlling and monitoring the 3D printers via cloud allowing users with internet access to print on 3D printers far away from them.
- Integrated Ramps Board for SLS 3D Printer – This project involves development of a customized Ramps or shield board for the club-built SLS 3D printer for operating different mechanisms in the SLS 3D printer.
- Granule Extruder – The project involves development of an extruder mechanism which uses plastic granules instead of filaments which conventional 3D printers use. This will help recycle plastic 3D printed material by converting them in granules and recycling them.
- House 3D Printer – The project involves development of a 3D printer which can print in concrete and build affordable houses which can be printed within 24 hours. This will be useful to build houses for refugees or homeless people or people affected by a natural calamity in a very short time with minimal cost.
- Animal Prosthetics – Some animals require assistance in the form of prosthetics for their daily life functions like running, eating etc. This project will involve collaborating with animal NGOs and veterinarians to help these animals with 3D printed customized prosthetics. You will work on collaborating with NGOs, creating these prosthetics through 3D scanning, 3D modeling and 3D printing and implement it on an animal in need.
- 3D Printed Plaster Cast – Everyone hates that old plaster cast on hand when you break a bone. 3D printing technology offers a unique solution to this problem. A cool modern design which lets your skin breathe, doesn’t disintegrate in water and allows you to get back to your regular life asap. You will work on designing this cool accessory for a fractured arm, apply engineering, 3D scan and finally fabricate using 3D printing.
- 3D Printed Clothes and Footwear– 3D printing is revolutionizing how clothes are made. In this project, you will be a modern fashion designer. This project is research oriented. That is, exploring various techniques and methodologies followed by experimentation. You will research materials, 3D model your outfit, apply your design sense and 3D print it. A 3D printed dress debuted at New York Fashion Week some time ago.
- Tall 3D Printer – This project involves development of a FDM based 3D printer which can printer tall / long objects with ability to print in up to 3 different colors unlike conventional printers.
Reach out to us at email@example.com